It got really cold here in muncie over night. That made me want something warm, and I just happened to have this recipie for chicken jambalaya. I didn’t have ham or rice, but what I did instead was chop up angle hair pasta and put it in, its not done yet, but it tastes pretty good!
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 large cloves garlic, minced
4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 pounds, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups white rice
1 1/2 cups diced ham
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Two 28-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
1. In a large heavy bottom pot sauté the onion in oil over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and continue cooking another minute or two.
3. Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and add to the pot. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the rice, ham, red pepper flakes and tomatoes.
4. Cover, and simmer on low until the rice is tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm