That Felt AWESOME
I finally got to cook dinner for the roomies (and Matt, but he’s at work so his is in the fridge) and I had a lot of fun. (Yea, I said it, fun). I made what I told you earlier, broccoli and cheddar/colby stuffed chicken with a side of mixed greens with a garlic vingerette dressing and honeyed pears in puffed pastry. I used a recipe for the pears that I mentioned in an old post, Got That Itch, and the chicken I just winged it. The hardest part of the whole thing was the shopping. I had the correct amounts for the pears because I was following a recipe, but I was guessing for the chicken and bought WAY to much. Like 2.5 pounds of cheese, and 3 large globes of broccoli (fresh is better!) The vanilla bean for the pears was suprisingly hard to find. I finally found one bean in a small glass jar that cost me upwards of $10. (Sadly, that’s not the most expensive spice I’ve bought, that goes to the ground cardamon I bought for Matt’s soup, that was almost $13 for a small bottle). With all of that, here’s how to make the chicken!
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 globe fresh broccoli
1/2 pound mixed cheddar and colby
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap each chicken breast in plastic wrap, or wax paper, and flatten with a meat cleaver (or a rolling pin, because that’s what we have)
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces and steam.
- Grate and mix cheese in a bowl, mix broccoli in.
- Put a generous amount of the broccoli and cheese mixture in the middle of each flattened breast, roll up and place in a 9 x 13 lined pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the top.
- If you have any extra broccoli and cheese mix, place a small amount of top of the chicken.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until the thickest piece of chicken is cut through (make a small cut through the largest part and see if it’s pink or not).